June 26, 2015

Chapter Closed:First Year Of High School


As another school year comes to a close I am proud to announce I have survived my first year of high school and the hellish exams (French was out of 172.. why?!). I can't say high school was the best adjustment I've ever made  but, it certainly was achievable and  I tried to do it with as much positive vibes as possible. Between lazy/slacking teachers and the endless assignments ( it seemed that way), lessons I probably will never use in the future... I mean god forbid I needed to pay rent or do my own taxes or take out a credit card..I would be absolutely clueless. But! Pythagorean theorem to the rescue! Oh! and  I know how many cells are in a full grown leaf (50,000,000). All jokes aside though, I am grateful everyday for the privilege to learn from my peers as well from my insightful educators.

I am even more grateful that I ultimately survived! The halls,the classes,the homework, the expectations (my own..I'm my own worst critic),all the works! I've made many memories and look forward to my upcoming sophomore year..yay! BTW I think saying "I'm a sophomore in high school" sounds way cooler. I magically didn't fail any courses so I happily have all my first 8 credits. I kicked French in the butt and never have to face it again on necessary means. So I am a very happy smiley camper for the summer.



Crossings my fingers for a fun year in Grade 10!

3 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh. As an adult I have discovered I have no idea how to manage my money or get a mortgage, but I have remembered a little about triganometry, so that's handy... Congratulations anyhow, on surviving high school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh. As an adult I have discovered I have no idea how to manage my money or get a mortgage, but I have remembered a little about triganometry, so that's handy... Congratulations anyhow, on surviving high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the reply! I had just finished “Infinite Sky” around this time and really enjoyed it. Your comment means so much, thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments here!