June 27, 2014

Goals For The Summer

                                                                                   Well,school's out...

But that doesn't mean I don't have plans for myself. This summer I want to make every single 62 days that  I have before school count. Meaning, I have 10 goals that I want to accomplish before the summer just dissipates and fades into the August air and through the fast approaching September chill ( which I am not looking forward too).  
I want these goals to be fun,meaningful and of course achievable. These past couple of weeks of June have been hectic and have completely vanished through this small limited amount of time. It felt as if I just walked into middle school  the other day and was adjusting to this ( what I thought was) a new "life" and now I've graduated and am moving on to high school. I have to start all over again... from square one. It's almost as if these memories I saved of my friends and close classmates and  have accumulated and treasured so very close to my heart these past 3 years had never happened. Time flew by. I feel as if it took something I should been more protective over. Which is why the first goal on my list is to use it (time)wisely. Whether that be finish the book I'm writing  in 62 days or read more or spend more time with my family or even something simple as just to catch up on beauty sleep. Whatever I feel in that moment of my day is a wise spending of time... I'll spend it away. Of course wisely and followed by these others.  ;)
  1. Use time wisely
  2. Write a book ( short stories...anything)
  3. Take 20 photographs
  4. Read 30 books
  5. Ride my bike around the park
  6. Go to the movies by myself
  7. Turn my phone off for an entire week ( yikes!)
  8. Watch movies for an entire day
  9. Write on my blog!!
  10. Eat 5 new foods
For today I'll leave you with a saying I came up with... "Write Till you mentally can't breath the words your feeling". ( Trying to put this is in a banner but it won't fit)

*Photo Creds to Tumblr*

4 comments:

  1. The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena, your words are beautiful. Please keep writing.
    Andrene��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very insightful Serena! Life is indeed made of seasons, where things change and you need to start all over again. I only discovered this when I had a family (and noticed that my little babies went through a new season every few months or even WEEKS). To learn this lesson at such a young age will help you build resilience, an important life skill to be sure!

    My goal to disconnect from the internet was slightly forced on me this summer (no Fido 3G in Newfoundland). It's been refreshing actually to have time away (though I have been finding myself craving free wifi whenever I get the chance). I hope you have a summer with no regrets! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style of writing, Serena!
    I'm so eager to find out about the adventures you actually engaged in this summer...don't leave us hanging, please, do share! -Audrey

    ReplyDelete

Leave me comments here!